Tuesday, January 24, 2006

Things I shouldn't do.

There are several things that I should just stay away from. These are things I love, but do me no good. These things will inevitably ruin me, get me into large amounts of trouble, and/or kill me. Feel free to add to my list in comments, but here they are in no particular order:
  • Chocolate cake.
  • Tight entrance ramps.
  • Cigarettes.
  • One certain dark-haired boy.
  • Alcohol before 2pm.
Maybe it's not the 2pm part of the binge that's the problem, but the filling of the entire "card" in a matter of 2 hours. Confused? Well, let me explain. Saturday, I went to a Schlafly beer tasting event at the evil City Museum. For $10, you get a punch card equivalent to 18 "taster" size samples of a crapload of different beers. Naturally, I wanted to get my money's worth, and since I got there late, I had some major catching up to do. Everything started well, I tasted several different beers, and we got along fine. Luckily, they were small glasses so I didn't have to waste too much time getting to know them. Then I met Oatmeal Stout and I never tasted another. We were inseparable for the rest of the day (by then I had an hour and a half left). I became friends with the Oatmeal Stout tapper and she kept my glass full, my heart fuzzy and my sobriety diminishing. Honestly, I don't remember past the first hour, but I'm positive I said some incredibly intelligent things very loudly. Here are my other very intelligent, very drunk friends, Lori, Lauren, Becky and moi.

You might notice that I cut all my hair off. I don't really have anything to say about that, except it's true, I cut it all off, every single one. (One or two of you will understand this reference.) Here's another picture of Lori and her brother, JJ. Aren't they cute?

I do remember leaving and eating a giant burrito once I got home. I couldn't fall asleep because everything was spinning, and we all know what that leads to. I think I fell asleep for like 15 minutes because I have this picture.


Then I woke up and went snowboarding! YAY! Not so much, because I was hungover. I'm not sure I've ever been hungover during the day, but it's not so fun. And that is why you shouldn't drink before 2pm.

2 Comments:

Blogger Calamity Jen said...

Wait a minute, are you related to that Walter Smith tool? Inquisitive, inschmizitive.

3:02 PM

 
Blogger Calamity Jen said...

Monsieur Bouchard, although I may love each of my vices very much, I lose all control and reasonable thought processes around them. They might not be bad, but they certainly will get me into all kinds of trouble.

And for Erika, I meant a hangover the same DAY as the actual drunkeness. Good times.

1:08 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home