Wednesday, June 21, 2006

Are your legs tired? From running away from lame pick up lines...

I wonder where "honking at a girl on the street" falls on the list of 100 ways to not pick up chicks. It's probably somewhere between punching her in the face and peeing on her car. I don't know one person in the history of conversation initiation that this has worked for. However, I also don't know any hookers and I guess it works for them.

Today I stopped at McDonald's to pick up an RFT (a local publication, if you don't know) and an eggamuffin/coffee on my way to work. I got honked at once on my way into McDonald's, once on my way out while fumbling through the RFT box out front, once driving to work in traffic by some weird middle aged mexican man in a conversion van (no, I didn't hit his sweet van or cut him off-I was driving perfectly perfect as usual) and once walking from the parking lot to my building at work. I didn't realize until I checked the mirror at work that I had worn my "free hot sex here" shirt. Silly me.

Among all this horny horn blowing, I was stopped on my walk (after the 4th honk) by a young, some kind of middle eastern doctor. He asked me if his tie was straight. WHAT A GREAT PICK UP LINE! Not only does he start conversation by doing this, he also got touched by the hands of a strange (but devastatingly good looking) woman while I straightened it out for him. He didn't come across sleazy or annoying, just as a human being asking for help from another human being. Of course the other human being was devastatingly good looking, so we know what he really wanted, BUT STILL! Bonus points for being subtle! Why can't all men follow this kind of lead? Probably because they aren't all handsome, young, intelligent doctors. They are weird, old mexicans in conversion vans.

1 Comments:

Blogger Calamity Jen said...

You've ruined your shower gift!

11:38 AM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home